Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I love reading, it's my sanity away from the insanity of it all. I love mysteries mostly because it's my own version of putting a puzzle together, minus the parts that have the ability to get lost because some child thought it was a chewing toy. My ultimate favorite mystery tale(s) solely belong to Miss Marple, one of Agatha's Christie's brilliant sleuths. Then again, Agatha Christie is reigning Queen of mysteries in the genre and in my heart. But here are three of one of the best (in three's) that I've found enjoyable and have consumed my most valuable time. Albeit, given gladly, my time that is.

Tana French's Novels: "In the Woods" "The Likeness" and "The Faithful Place"

One word: Ireland.



























John Hart. I started reading this author only because I loved the title of the book. It lived up to it's title and more. So I read two more of his novels. Sometimes, I had to flip to the front of the book to remind myself that it was a mystery, because it had really great elements of great literature. Read the opening of the "Last Child" and tell me if that isn't just brilliant writing.

















Alan Bradley. I devoured each book in half a day, while taking motherly sidelong glances over the book to make sure the children were alive. Actually, my children were waiting for me to finish so they could read it. Hence my newest invention of torture was birthed.

Happy puzzle reading!

3 Comments:

Sears said...

i read "the last child" about a month ago and i loved it. i couldnt put it down!

NeenaLove said...

thanks for the book list... i have already requested a few of them from kahuku library. :-D

Vagivagi said...

Hey, Gorjuss Mama. I loved "The Last Child."

Coreen, I miss Kahuku Library! Happy reading!

 
"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."

Elizabeth Stone
MommyDoodlesDesign.com

Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Header Design, Button Design, Template Modification, Installation and Setup by MommyDoodlesDesign.com