Friday, June 18, 2010

Reluctant Sports Fan





The Lakers vs. Celtics game last night IS one of the many reasons why I don't follow sports as closely as I have in the past. The stress levels hit the moon, with a round trip around Mars. If stress (and it is stress), was indeed crack, then it would have been a drug addicts ultimate high. As for me it just made me sick--literally.

Here is my list of post-NBA Championship ailments due to WATCHING the Lakers play the way they did, up until the last five minutes of the game:

Throat hernia. Seems impossible? Well, I'm living proof that it can happen.
Stomach ulcer. That's an obvious symptom.
Larger nostrils. It seems flaring can do that to an already wide nose. Memo to me: keep nose flares to occasional episodes. Really unflattering to my already aging face.
Deaf Spouse. Well, Aaron's already deaf, last night wasn't the cause for his deafness. However, he shushed me for yelling at the t.v. Imagine being shushed by a deaf person? So the question is: Is he really deaf? Or just when he wants to be? But that's for another blog.

Following a team has it's ups, and definite let downs. I just don't know if I'm ready to head back into that stressful arena. Maybe I should live a little and risk bodily injury to be fan. I most likely will, because I naturally love sports. But I'll keep it to an occasional viewing. Could you imagine my poor nose?

0 Comments:

 
"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."

Elizabeth Stone
MommyDoodlesDesign.com

Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Header Design, Button Design, Template Modification, Installation and Setup by MommyDoodlesDesign.com