Monday, June 7, 2010

Self-Proclaimed Queen of Failing at Motherhood!





Today is the day that we're supposed to be celebrating Naia's first birthday. The problem is... that Naia's birthday was actually yesterday.

As in yesterday, while driving home from ANOTHER baseball game; I noticed a sign that said: Today is Monday, June 7th. Noooo, I thought, they definitely got the date screwed up. Because tomorrow is June 7th- BECAUSE tomorrow is Naia's birthday. It took a calendar (which I ripped out of my purse) to convince my mommy-screwed-up-brain to realize that TODAY (as in yesterday), WAS indeed Naia's birthday.

GUILTY MOM syndrome or is it SCREWED UP MOM syndrome? Whatever the case, its all the same to me: I SUCK at Mommyhood.

Seriously, how does a Mom forget?! I am desperately trying to find a reason for my memory lapse. If you have one—a certified and valid reason—please let me know. It's probably a condition I need to research. Also, let me know if there's a cure. Hopefully it's a pink pill that needs to be swallowed with chocolate milk. Something to quickly fix and erase the memory of my screw up. Maybe a nice slap to the head would work.

Have you ever screwed up before? Did it make you feel awful? Did you find your cure? Did a nice quick slap to the head, work? Did it make you the Queen of screw ups?

3 Comments:

Terri Osburn said...

You are not a bad mother!! You knew the 7th was her birthday, you just didn't realize what day was the 7th. That's not forgetting, that's misplacing. And the reason you misplaced it is because YOU HAVE HOW MANY CHILDREN?!

Yes, that is your answer. And no, there is no cure. Not one that I've found yet anyway.

Happy Birthday, Baby Naia!!!

Vagivagi said...

Terri,

My friend Anne, told me that it was more my lack of 'calendar skills.' loloz.

I still feel bad. I'll probably make it up to her by having a ridiculous birthday party that she won't remember. BUT I will record on dvd--to redeem myself.

Nikki said...

I almost missed Adam's actual birthday on the 3rd. His party was scheduled for Saturday, so I wasn't going to miss that. But having the last day of May be the Monday Memorial Day holiday I just kept losing track of what day it was--day of the week and the date. You're not a bad mom just a victim of the Monday holiday thing! At least that's what I'm telling myself.

 
"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."

Elizabeth Stone
MommyDoodlesDesign.com

Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Header Design, Button Design, Template Modification, Installation and Setup by MommyDoodlesDesign.com